You already make a great product people like. Some of these people will embrace your social community, if not with you then maybe with your competitor. Even if customers don’t want to engage with your social community, they still value seeing others participating as a sign of Attention and Trust.
Publish what they say and your response.
- Empower them to have a voice in product improvements.
- Empower them to have a voice in customer service.
- Empower them to share experiences with other customers.
- Empower them to talk about the culture and industry of your products.
- Empower them to be brand ambassadors.
I believe personal attention is a simple luxury that works when you publish examples of that personal attention to engage and respond into a favorable opinion about the brand. The responses will be connected to customer’s conversational influence that leads to sales.
I’m not saying this is the only thing you would do to improve sales, just a piece of good marketing. A good Digital Strategy will address each of these opportunities, for example, with an email newsletter and guest writer program that evolves customer engagement for trust, respect and competitive attention.